Friday, October 8, 2010

It's a small world after all.

I went to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. for training for work. Pretty cool to see the stadium where the Patriots play and hang out in the little Easton-style bars, restaurants, and shops that surround the stadium. (Also found a Saucony shoe store at nearby outlets, and I was sad I just bought new tennis shoes. I considered buying a second pair just because they were unbelievably cheap and it is IMPOSSIBLE to find any selection of Saucony brand sneakers in any normal shoe store anywhere).

On the first day, there was a lot of meet and greet among the employees there for training, and I learned it truly is a small world. An engineer overheard me saying that I was from Ohio and he told me he was too. I asked him where he was from, and he said, "A little town just north of I-70, you've probably never heard of it." I said, "Try me." He was from Newcomerstown. In a company of 75,000 employees, 150 employees there for training, I found the one person from "my hometown" - or close enough...Tuscarawas County. Four Ohio State fans did an O-H-I-O shot!

I had the opportunity to hang out with my lovely Communications ladies! Such a fun week!

At the hotel bar, we each tried a neon, very girly martini. I asked the bartender to make a special drink for me. It was a slight derivation on the classic Crowleski, a drink created by my best friend and me (admittedly modeled off of a Mongolian BBQ mixed drink - hey, I give credit where credit is due). The classic is blue curacao, vodka, lime mix and a splash of pomegranate. He used pomegranate vodka with the lime and blue curacao, and it was just as delish. The ladies dubbed it as the "pomegranate blues." (Definitely try this out). So excited for our next work excursion to New York when we'll all be back together again. Love these girls. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment