Sunday, October 31, 2010

I wanna go back to Ohio State to old Columbus town

I wanna go back to Ohio State to old Columbus town
To the stadium to hear the band - by far the finest in the land
I wanna go back to Ohio State to old Columbus town
I wanna go back - I gotta go back - to O-HI-O!
Ohio, Ohio
The hills send back the cry (O-H)
We're here to do or die (I-O)
Ohio, Ohio
We'll win the game or know the reason why
And when we win the game, we'll buy a keg of booze
And we'll drink to old Ohio til we wobble in our shoes!
Ohio, Ohio
We'll win the game or know the reason why

My first time back on campus since I moved - first time back to Columbus too. And just as the song says - I wanted desperately to go back to Ohio State, to old Columbus town. It was time. Kyle and I spent an afternoon walking across campus and relaxing by Mirror Lake.

It was like being a tourist in your own hometown. Kyle and I got Jeni's Ice Cream and took it down to North Bank Park - one of my favorite views of Columbus.

And of course a stop at Schmidt's for a cream puff was necessary. And since Sarah and Harry made fun of me for taking a picture of my cream puff and not my friends, I made sure we got a group shot at Schmidt's. I miss the cream puffs, but not as much as I miss my friends.

Kyle's first OSU game at the Shoe and my first game as an alumna. Not exactly a nail-biter, it was a 49-0 victory over Purdue. By the fourth quarter, we were more interested in watching the Northwestern - Michigan State score than we were the live game in front of us. But it was nevertheless a lot of fun.

Mom and dad threw a tailgate for the game, so I got to hang out with the 'rents and of course Tuck!

Isn't he the cutest little pomapoo?

And there's nothing like celebrating a victory and a great weekend back home than a night with the best friend drinking to old Ohio til we wobble in our shoes. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment