Sunday, October 31, 2010

I miss autumn

Went to DC for a PR conference.

It made me realize how much I miss seasons. Not that I don't love 70 degree weather all year round because obviously it is pretty awesome to still be in t-shirts and flip flops when it is frosty back home, but it is also hard to realize time is passing because the weather doesn't fluctuate.

It'd actually be most ideal if I could have a week of crisp, autumn air with vibrant orange and red falling leaves. Then I'd be ok with going back to 70 degrees. And snow on Christmas of course. It is hard to get in the spirit of Christmas when it still feels like summer vacation.

Loved this tree overlooking the tidal basin on my walk over to the FDR.


The FDR is by far my favorite memorial. I think it is because of the waterfalls. And maybe the cute little pooch. Not that I pick my favorite memorials based on how cute the dog is... but it certainly influences my opinion.



I like the World War II memorial too. Even though it doesn't have dogs.



I miss DC. I can't help but smile walking down M street or through Dupont Circle. Can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment