Saturday, July 24, 2010

I spend my free time stalking Neil Patrick Harris

I now have a countdown to August 8. 15 days...
Why August 8th you ask?
Because I just booked tickets to see RENT at the Hollywood Bowl that evening!!!

I couldn't be more excited. I went to New York for the first time last December and was so disappointed that Rent was no longer on Broadway (though I saw Bye Bye Birdie with John Stamos - Uncle Jesse from Full House - and it was awesome). Anyway, I love the music from Rent but have never seen it performed live! I will officially see it in two weeks - for a steal - only $35 a ticket. And the best part? It is directed by NEIL PATRICK HARRIS. I'm admittedly a little unnaturally obsessed with NPH, especially since he stars in one of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother. But how cool is that? He once performed in it, now he is directing it. Other notable names: Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussy Cat Dolls as Maureen, Wayne Brady as Collins and Vanessa Hudgens as Mimi. I'll be seeing the show with Allison (my roommate) and my mum who will be there to help move us in to our apartment that weekend!

In other news, I had quite the relaxing afternoon at the beach. Went in for a planning session for work this morning, so I just wanted to unwind a little this afternoon and headed down to Redondo. I'm not much for just laying out (I get impossibly bored just sun tanning) so I walked along the water and let the waves hit me. Took a few pics along the way for your viewing pleasure. (Have to post them on my blog so my mom - who doesn't have facebook - can properly stalk me).


I swear this bird wants to be a model. As soon as I took out my camera he started strutting, turning his head this way, then that. Quite the little poser.


Love the Redondo Beach pier. There were a lot of live bands playing there as I walked through this afternoon.



I made it from the pier to the end of the beach. It was just so relaxing to walk. I have no idea how far it is - probably at least a mile or so each way. Chatted on my bluetooth to Sarah (little kids were very confused at who I was talking to), then listened to Jack Johnson on my Zune all the way back. I must say, I love my bluetooth. I got it because I talk on the phone ALL THE TIME while driving, and in California, it is only legal if it is hands-less (and I figured it'd be worth it with all the traffic I'd be sitting in - yes the rumors are true, LA's roads are jammed all the time not just during rush hour). However, I get strange looks from people who think I'm talking to them - or they respond as if I was talking to them. The other day, I excitedly exclaimed to Sarah that Target had 60 calorie chocolate mousse on sale and this guy walking by said, "That sounds great! You should get some!"



So hard to believe this is home. It feels more like a vacation - with 40+ hours of work of course. But soaking my feet in the ocean is a nice way to de-stress!



No comments:

Post a Comment