Sunday, April 3, 2011

These boots are made for walkin'

When I moved to Texas, I decided I wanted a pair of cowboy boots.

This proclamation was met with a lot of "Really?"s and "Why"s or just stony silence by my friends and family back home.

Example:
Me: I think I'm going to buy cowboy boots.
My mom: Really?
Me: Yea. Why not? I had a pair when I was little.
My mom: Yes, and you also had a horse.

I posted this as my facebook status, and Christina Bober in all her wisdom reasoned, "So then you must also get a horse." I'm unfortunately not sure I have the backyard space for equine, but I think I will try to go horseback riding while I'm here. I do have really sexy footwear to show off now.

Example 2:
Sarah: What are you doing?
Me: I'm on my way to this western store to look at cowboy boots.
Sarah: Why?
Me: I live in Texas now.
Sarah: That still doesn't answer my question. Why?
Me: What else am I going to wear to the rodeo?
Sarah: Why are you going to a rodeo?

But I agree with Lynn Smokovich. I'm in Texas now...it's a must to own a pair!

I found mine at Cavenders. I went in just to look - but I fell in love with these.
 
Handcrafted  - with leather soles, good for dancing. Square dancing, line dancing, I'm not really sure what the difference is between those, but I think by the end of these eight months I might. :D
I almost bought a red pair that looked almost identical in style. Like Ted in How I Met Your Mother. But I thought I'd best be practical. 

Are you ready boots? Start walkin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment