Saturday, January 1, 2011

I have an unhealthy obsession with Yogurtland

Happy New Year! And this new year, I have a new resolution: to learn how - and what - to cook. And maybe to cook more. And eat Yogurtland less.

Ok, I will probably break the latter resolution by the end of the day. Or at least the end of the week. But maybe it should be "eat Yogurtland for dinner less."

I realized I might be in an unhealthy predicament when the workers at my usual "I don't want to cook" dinner place (Subway) had stopped recognizing me and those at Yogurtland started to know me.

I remember when I first got to LA. I didn't understand the obsession with frozen yogurt. "Fro-yo". Pink Berry. And granted, I hate Pink Berry. The original tart flavor - too much like real yogurt. Yogurtland,however, is a different story. It tastes like soft serve ice cream. All self-serve with any toppings you like from fresh fruit to chocolate to gummy worms. Simply irresistible yogurt flavors like red velvet cupcake batter (my favorite). Plus they always have new scrumptious flavors, like the 12 new flavors of the day during the 12 Days of Yuletide Yumminess.

My favorites were the S'mores and the White Chocolate Macadamia - of course always with the splash of red velvet and white and milk chocolate chips. When I get Yogurtland for dinner, I do at least add strawberries to ensure I get a serving of fruit. :D



So despite how tasty Yogurtland is, I think my body would appreciate nutrition in other forms. Hence, my resolution to cook more and learn new recipes. Please e-mail me your favorite recipes so I can try them out in my 2011 culinary exploration - colleen.maleski@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment